Duration: 15-20 hours
A certified online course for Sustainability professionals who want to acquire the necessary practical skills to apply a carbon reduction strategy
The course provides information on International standards relating to Carbon Reduction Strategies and Reporting including WRI GHG Protocol, CDP, ISO 50001, GRI.
By succcessfully completing this course along with the Online Diploma on Corporate Sustainability you are eligible for becoming a Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner (Basic Level).
What you will get from the course
- *NEW* Sustainable Development Goal 13 – Climate Action and other latest global and local initiatives to mitigate the impacts of climate change
- A Certificate on Carbon Reduction Strategy by the leading training provider on Sustainability
- A comprehensive introduction to the subject and practical, updated knowledge
- Specially designed for professionals who want to have the basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of Carbon Reduction Strategy
- Case studies and videos
This course was developed by CSE and supervised by one of the global experts in sustainability, Professor Nikos Avlonas. Read more.
Testimonies from our Trainings
Very well structured, thoroughly covers the whole CSR matters, very clearly and easily explained. Extremely good training overall.Masako Hiraki, Manager/CEO office and European CSR office, Panasonic Europe
It was great how relevant the instructors made it to our own organizations. We were constantly learning how to implement the strategies back at our companiesDanielle Connor, CSR Coordinator, Pan American Silver
The training is very practical and up to date. I gained heavy and rich knowledge on CSRShowg Mudhapar, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
What is climate change
What will be the impacts of climate change
The economic implications of climate change
The options for combating climate change
The present emissions and their development (by region) over the past decade
The Kyoto Protocol and its mechanisms
Sustainable Development Goals – Goal 13 – Climate Action
Climate Action 100+
Global carbon regulations
US Environmental Protection Agency GHG Mandate
US Government regulations and practices – Climate Action Plan
The EU 2030 Framework for climate and energy policies
COP21 – The Paris Agreement
Sustainable Development Goals/Goal 13 Climate Action
Local Examples (UK, France, Dubai)
The definition of sustainable development
The dimensions of Corporate Social Responsibility (Triple Bottom Line)
What can organizations do?
The importance of sustainability in supply chain
The operational risks in the supply chain
Sustainability drivers and complexity in the supply chain
The rise of carbon footprint strategy
The importance of energy efficiency use, and examples on how efficiency can be achieved
The ISO50001 standard
Green buildings and carbon footprint through various green building certifications (BREEAM, LEED, SERF, Green Globes)
The ESTIDAMA initiative from the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council
The issues of GHG accounting
The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, its operational boundaries, and value chain accounting
The emissions factors and their verification
Emission factors deviations
Emission and cost reduction strategies
The life cycle analysis and the business benefits from it
Measuring standards to be used in life cycle analysis (PAS2050:2008, ISO14044)
The life cycle methodology and specific examples
The water footprint and its importance
The process of carbon offsetting
The comparison between carbon trading and carbon offsetting
The carbon offsetting project standards
Examples of carbon offsetting
The concept of green marketing
The term “greenwashing” and to detect/avoid it
Green products and the use of eco-labels
The purpose of sustainability reporting
The reasons for reporting GHG emissions
The Carbon Disclosure Project
The risks and opportunities related to climate change
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes
The Global Reporting Initiative
- Quiz at the end of each module.
- Final Quiz and Assignment will take approximately 2 hours.
- Each module together with the readings and quiz completion takes approximately 2-3 hours.
- The Discussion Board provides direct communication with the training administrator and other participants currently registered for the online course.
- You can do it in 30 days, at your own pace and on any device.
- Save money and time from travelling and accommodation
Online Course Price: $545