Duration: 15-20 hours
A certified online course for Sustainability professionals who want to acquire the necessary practical skills for Sustainability Reporting
The course provides information on Sustainability (CSR) Reporting Guidelines and takes you through the main issues of stakeholder mapping/engagement and materiality assessment.
By succcessfully completing this course along with the Online Diploma on Corporate Sustainability you are eligible for becoming a Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner (Basic Level).
What you will get from the course
- A Certificate on Sustainability (CSR) Reporting
- Comprehensive introduction and practical knowledge on Corporate Sustainability
- *NEW* Recorded Webinar on How to Avoid Greenwashing & How to Integrate the SDGs in your Sustainability Strategy & Reporting (2018)
- *NEW* Includes detailed presentation of the GRI STANDARDS and the new reporting requirements
- Recorded Webinar on the Results of CSE’s Research on the Sustainability Trends in N. America (2017)
- Specially designed for professionals who want to have the basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of Sustainability Reporting
- Case studies and videos
- Examples of Sustainability reports
This course was developed by CSE and supervised by one of the global experts in sustainability, Professor Nikos Avlonas. Read more.
Testimonies from our Trainings
Very well structured, thoroughly covers the whole CSR matters, very clearly and easily explained. Extremely good training overall.Masako Hiraki, Manager/CEO office and European CSR office, Panasonic Europe
It was great how relevant the instructors made it to our own organizations. We were constantly learning how to implement the strategies back at our companiesDanielle Connor, CSR Coordinator, Pan American Silver
The training is very practical and up to date. I gained heavy and rich knowledge on CSRShowg Mudhapar, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority
What is sustainable development and its evolution over time
The Sustainable Development Goals
Sustainability (CSR) reporting: the EU mandatory reporting directive
Sustainability (CSR) reporting benefits
Sustainability (CSR) reporting objectives
The Global Reporting Initiative guidelines for sustainability (CSR) reporting
The structure of the Global Reporting Initiative
The GRI sustainability (CSR) reporting trends
Sustainability (CSR) reports by sector and sector disclosures
The key success factors for reporting
The GRI sustainability (CSR) reporting principles about the content and the quality of the report
The structure of the GRI STANDARDS reporting guidelines
The United Nations Global Compact: benefits for engaging, the 10 principles, case studies
The ISO26000: benefits and structure
The link between the United Nations Global Compact and ISO26000 to the GRI
MODULE 4: How to Create a Sustainability (CSR) Report Part 1 – Preparing the Report and Plan for Stakeholder Engagement
The steps of the reporting process
The process of planning the report and the required steps
The two “in accordance” criteria
The stakeholder engagement process (selecting the key stakeholders, information needed by different stakeholders groups, communicating with stakeholders)
MODULE 5: How to Create a Sustainability (CSR) Report Part 2 – Materiality Assessment and Data Collection
The concept and steps of materiality assessment
The GRI indicators
Data collection and evaluation, identifying potential areas of weaknesses
Establishing “SMART” targets
The use of the GRI content index
The New GRI STANDARDS
The benefits from seeking external assurance for the report
The standards used for providing external assurance (AA1000AS, ISAE3000)
Communicating the report: what factors to consider, available option (and examples)
Next reporting cycle: receiving feedback on the report
- Quiz at the end of each module.
- Final Quiz and Assignment will take approximately 2 hours.
- Each module together with the readings and quiz completion takes approximately 2-3 hours.
- The Discussion Board provides direct communication with the training administrator and other participants currently registered for the online course.
- You can do it in 30 days, at your own pace and on any device.
- Save money and time from travelling and accommodation
See our course methodology below
Online Course Price: $530